I found the design for this here: http://stolte.wordpress.com/tag/tablet-weaving-experiment/
I’ve seen some very lovely examples of missed-hole technique with cards and I wanted to give it a try.
The final band is about 5/8 inch (1.58 cm) wide.
This was woven in #10 cotton crochet thread. It took probably 3 evenings to weave it up. Most of that was spend un-doing mistakes.. but once I caught the rhythm of the pattern it was very easy to weave.
I used a white weft for this. The weft is the same size as the warp threads. A lot of sources suggest using a bigger diameter or softer thread for the weft to emphasize the hole left in the threading sequence. The weft peeks out on the edges. On the next piece I do I plan to add border cards the same color as the weft to hide it.
The “white” thread in the threading diagram is actually left empty.
This pattern uses a balanced turning sequence and is therefore twist neutral.
I plan to use this as trim on a black tunic for Fearghus.