Yellow Cote (late 14th - early 15th Century)

Yet more eyelets. Finished all but one eyelet. Good enough to try the dress on and mark the hem. When I went to try on the dress I realized that the lace that I’d set aside for this dress was too short. I fingerlooped a new lace in white silk (5-loop round braid)(about 1-2 hr to fingerloop). Flying to Montana…

Continue Reading

Yellow Cote (late 14th - early 15th Century)

The seam between the wool layer of the two halves of the front gore were sewn wrong (which I guess is what happens when you get impatient). It didn’t lie flat at the top. I ripped out that seam and sewed it together again. It’s lying much flatter now. I also finished the edge of the front opening. Lastly I…

Continue Reading

Yellow Cote (late 14th - early 15th Century)

Lots of procrastination (and being too busy to breath (damn holidays)). Two nights ago I -finally- sat down and cut out the wool for the dress. I think the procrastination was caused by having to make the first cut in nice fabric. Luckily I got past it. The cutting went really fast. After cutting it all out I started sewing…

Continue Reading

Yellow Cote (late 14th - early 15th Century)

At sewing night this week I had Edith fidget with the fitting. We had some success but then it got frustrating and very hard to work with. With only a little itty bitty seam allowance to tug on it was very hard to get a tighter fit. Eventually we gave up for the night and went on to other projects.…

Continue Reading