Hemd II

My original Hemd was a good first attempt.. but after several months of wearing it I’ve decided it could do with a little improvement. Since I’m deathly allergic to altering garments that I need to wear I instead decided to make a new hemd.

Here’s my new pattern: Here’s the reasoning for my new pattern:

[…]

Pictures or it never happened

Photo by Duchess Megan

Photo by Duchess Megan

Photo by Sylvie

From the back, picture by Sylvie

[…]

Ari’s Dress ToDo

[updating as progress occurs] (done) The placket is two layers of white linen (the colored part will be appliqued on the top part later). Sew all along the outside edge of the placket and turn it inside out. Press it flat and then hand finish the last bit.

(done) Sew the bottom of all […]

Patterning done

A few weeks ago I patterned Ari in some scrap linen.

Tonight I traced Ari’s pattern onto poster board and added seam allowance. All pieces got seam allowance of 1/2 inch on all sides and the placket also got an addition 1 inch on each side to accommodate the overlap.

Now I’ll wash all the […]

HRM Arianwen’s Saxony Dress

Photo by Duchess Megan

Diary started July 28, 2010 Dress Finished: September 30, 2010

Summary

Her Royal Highness Arianwen (soon to be Majesty) has expressed Her desire to wear a dress of the court of Saxony at the Tournament to determine Their Heirs. I am please to have been asked to work on this dress […]

Bodice Woes

Having now worn the red/black linen dress twice.. I can say with authority that my bodice pattern needs to be altered.

The straps in the front are too far apart so that when I reach forwards (ie, wash dishes) the edge of the strap cuts into my arm uncomfortably. Further, I believe the lower part […]

July produce in season

Artichokes, Arugula, Asian Greens, Basil, Beets, Bok Choy, Broccoli, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chard, Collards, Corn, Eggplant, Fava Beans, Fennel, Garlic, Kale, Leeks, Lettuce, Mustard, Okra, Onions, Peas, Peppers, Potatoes, Radish, Spinach, Summer Squash, Tomatoes

Bones.. and that damned hemd :D

I ended up adding short bones under the hook/eye tape on either side of the front opening. As a happy coincidence the tapes are almost exactly wide enough to hold the bones. So it was very easy to tuck them into place. The bones are about 7 inches long.. so 1-2 inches shorter than the […]

Wulsthaube Mark 2: What -I- did

Picture taken by Edith

I don’t -know- what was actually used as the unterhaube.. so I’m taking my best guess. It turns out that using something -like- the St. Brigitta coif is actually very convenient. It ties on top of the head and the steuchlin is tensioned over it and pinned into place.

[…]

Not-so rushed

I’ve done a bunch.. and it’s been a while since I updated progress on the dress.. but frankly, all the stuff I’ve done is kinda boring and not-picture-worthy.

I’ve been doing this big push to get the dress done by Crown. I will definitely -make- it.. but the current weather report put the weekend in […]