Woot! Lower sleeves went together very quickly. These have straight "hedgehogs"** unlike the upper sleeves where the top "hedgehogs" followed the curve of the armcye.
All said I think it took 2-3 hours to do both sleeves and to re-do the gold part that goes over my hands. I just need to hand-finish the flat-felled seam and tidy up the seam on the yellow and these will be done.
The more I think about this project the more fiddly things I find that need to be done. *sigh*
Left to do:
It's not going as quickly now that there's not an immediate looming deadline.. but it is going. The bodice it now completely attached to the skirt. The part across the front where there is no bodice is attached to a piece of wool and then attached to the bottom of the white placket.
I'm still toying with the idea of leaving the placket out.. but I'm not ready to do that by this next weekend. I've added a hook-and-eye to the top of the skirt and have trimmed the skirt (had to remove about 6 inches with the move from pipe-organ pleats to cartridge pleats). This opening is now pinned. I've also pinned the upper part of the sleeves into the bodice.
Still to do:
It's looking pretty good that this will all get done by this weekend.
Paper mache over a cooler to get a cooler cooler (that looks like a leather trunck).