Permalink

I started the weekend with a finished dress and finished the weekend with a couple of bags of pieces of dress. It’s like a deconstructed german dress 🙂
I tried the dress on and both Edith and Sefa agreed that the bodice needed to be shortened about 2 inches all the way around. I took the dress off and then removed the skirt and sleeves, undid the pleats in the skirt, and removed the guarding from the front of the bodice.
Ideally I’ll have the dress all back together by Mists Investiture (November 11). Brion and Ysabella are stepping up as Prince and Princess of the Mists and they will be wearing Germans.
Current plan:

  1. Attach red/black gingam (that Sefa gave me, thanks Sefa) to the top of the skirt. Fold that over and used the gingam as a guide to make the cartidge pleats.
  2. Shorten the bodice by 1.25-1.5 inches all the way around(follow marks but leave enough fabric to put a finished edge at the bottom of the bodice as the marks)
  3. Finish the bottom edge of the bodice
  4. Re-attach gold trim along the front edge of the bodice so it shows on both the front and the back next to the rings.(prevent the flipping)
  5. Futz with bones as necessary
  6. Attach skirt to bodice

MATH
I have 238″ of finished skirt.
The bottom of the bodice is about 49″ around.
I want the tops of each cartridge pleat to be at about 2 squares on the gingam which ends up at about 5/8″. When this is attached to the bottom of the bodice I’ll need to add another 1/8″ to that to account for the bulk between the tops of each pleat. This give me a total of about 3/4″ for each pleat (5/8″+1/8″).
This gives me around 65-66 pleats (49 divided by 3/4″ ) around the bottom of the bodice.
Which means that each pleat needs to be around 3.60″ each (238 divided by 66).
Rounding this, I’ll be using 11 blocks in the gingam as my guide. (each block is around 5/16. 5/16 x 11 = 3.4375 which is as close as I can come in whole blocks to 3.60)

Leave a Reply

Comments are closed.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

CommentLuv badge