« Henna | Main | »

Posted in: Saxony 1530 Gown
Because I'm lumpy and have more breast than the 15-year-old models that Cranach used I need more support. I've decided to start with a corset. I'm following the pattern on the Sempstress.org site. The instructions seem fantasticly easy to follow and it results in a corset with laces positions along the edges of the front opening. Last night I made up my first attempt. Based on the final garment, it's obvious that I suck at taking my own measurements. I need to lengthen it by about 5 inches and to remove about 4 inches from the circumferance. Today I'll buy more fabric and make a second attempt tonight/tomorrow. Also need to buy more steel bones.


TrackBack URL for this entry: