« | Main | »

Posted in: Yellow Cote (late 14th - early 15th Century)

Lots of procrastination (and being too busy to breath (damn holidays)). Two nights ago I -finally- sat down and cut out the wool for the dress. I think the procrastination was caused by having to make the first cut in nice fabric. Luckily I got past it. The cutting went really fast. After cutting it all out I started sewing the outer layer to the inner layer. I finished the sewing last night.

At some point I'll do instructions and pictures about how to sew the wool to the linen. For now.. words just aren't enough to descibe the process.

Without ripping apart the seams on the linen lining I made a fabric sandwich and sewed the outer fabric to the lining fabric by following the stitches of the lining.

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://mt.fibergeek.com/cgi-bin/mt/mt-tb.cgi/226